Be a Great Parent - School Success
To help your child succeed in school, make school and homework a top priority, talk about the importance of getting a good education and do the following:
1. Provide academic support
2. Be informed and involved
3. Help your child get organized
4. Work with your school
Provide Support and Guidance
1. Insist on daily attendance
2. Provide school supplies and a place to study
3. Monitor homework
Be Informed and Involved
1. Be informed - know how your child is doing in school.
2. Read school newsletters and bulleitins and regularly visit your school's website.
3. Talk to your child about what's happening at school and show consistent interest in your child's academic progress
1. Attend PTA meetings and parent-teacher conferences.
2. Volunteer at your child's school.
3. Be sure to let your child's teacher, principal and school counsellor know about anything that might affect your child's attitude or performance.