Welcome to Dellwoods PTSA Web Site
This site has been prepared especially for the parents of Dellwood Middle School.
The School PTSA welcomes you to this site. We trust that the information shared on this site will be a source of help to you in your important role as a parent. Thanks for visiting our site.
Parental Involvement in Education
Research has demonstrated that when children know that there is at least one responsible adult who demonstrates tangible interest in their school life, their performance, behaviour and self-esteem grow.
Parental involvement in your child's education can mean:
- Reading to your child
- Checking homework every night
- Discussing your child's progress with teachers
- Limiting TV viewing on school night
It can also mean being a positive role model:
- Being respectful and expect the same from your children
- Being supportive of your child's school
- Remaining calm
- Using good manners
- Attending school meetings and functions
- Calling the teacher to check on the child's progress